Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Random thoughts of the day

"Celebrate we will because life is short but sweet for certain..."

I've tried to be very aware this semester of anything that I say - especially when it comes to complaining. I've come to see that I have no reason what so ever to complain about anything. Sure, maybe I only get 5 hrs of sleep and wake up exhausted. But how in the world can I complain that I am tired when there are people out there in the world slaving away to support a family, or kids in Uganda walking miles a day to school to get an education. My "tired" is nothing - nothing at all - compared to theirs. My work is nothing at all compared to theirs. My exhaustion, my work, comes from the blessing of attending a wonderful university, acquiring fantastic new knowledge and staying up late exchanging conversations with many amazing people. My exhaustion is a blessing - not a complaint.

- noticed a lot last night - the fragility of life, the blessings that have been bestowed on us all, the wondeful family here at ND....life is really beautiful

No comments: